- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce.) package JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream, divided
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachments, beat the cake mix, instant pudding, eggs, water, oil, cinnamon and 1/2 cup of the sour cream on low until well combined. Using a flexible rubber spatula, fold in the apples.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool the cake in its pan for 15 minutes. Run an offset spatula along the sides of the cake to loosen it from the pan.
- Carefully invert the cake onto a wire rack. Remove the pan, and allow the cake to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, 1 teaspoon of water, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sour cream until well-blended.
- Drizzle the icing over the cake. Let stand until the glaze is firm, then serve.