- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) lager beer
- 8 bratwurst
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 torpedo rolls
- Yellow mustard, for garnish
- Sauerkraut, for garnish
- 1 large onion, chopped, for garnish
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Place a Dutch oven onto the grill. Melt the butter in the Dutch oven. Add chopped onions to the melted butter, and salt and pepper, to taste. Once onions have softened, add beer and bratwurst.
- Increase heat and bring contents of the Dutch oven to a boil. Allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the brats from the Dutch oven, and transfer them to the grill grate.
- Cook the brats until they are charred and crispy on the outside.
- Place a cooked brat onto a torpedo roll. Top with mustard, sauerkraut and onions.