Mozzarella Sticks with Raspberry Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total Time: 22 min, plus 2 hours freezing time
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Snack/Appetizer
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 block of mozzarella cheese, cut into sticks
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs to combine. Set aside.
- Cut the block of mozzarella cheese lengthwise into approximately 1/2-inch thick sections. Cut each section into 1-inch thick logs. Cut each log in half crosswise to produce sticks.
- In a flat plate or pie tin, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Gently dip each cheese stick in the beaten eggs. Roll in the breadcrumb-cheese mixture to coat. Repeat the egg-then-crumb process, then transfer to a plate.
- Freeze the prepared sticks before frying, at least 2 hours.
- In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, carefully place 4-6 cheese sticks in the pan. Fry for about 1 minute on each side before transferring the sticks to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Using a microwave oven, melt 2 tablespoons of raspberry preserves, for serving.