- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the paprika, cumin, chile powder, sugar and salt. Fold in the shrimp until coated. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add garlic, stirring frequently. Add shrimp, and continue to stir until nearly cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and water. Continue stirring until shrimp are fully cooked through, about 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with scallions, and serve.