For the pizza dough:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
For the pizza sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
For the pizza toppings:
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 6 slices of deli ham, cut into strips
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
To prepare the pizza dough:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the warm water and yeast. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Add honey and olive oil. Add the flour, then the salt. Mix on low speed until well-combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Cover gently and store in a warm place until the dough doubles in volume.
To prepare the pizza sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine marinara sauce, garlic and oregano. Simmer over medium-low heat until the sauce is thick, about 10 minutes.
To prepare the pizza:
- Preheat the oven with a rack in the middle position to 415 degrees F.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil onto a large baking sheet. Transfer the dough onto the baking sheet, turning until the dough is covered in oil. Roll the dough in the cooking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce over the dough. Evenly distribute the tomatoes, ham, mushrooms, olives, onions and cheese.
- Bake until the crust is crisp and the toppings are cooked, about 20 minutes.