Atlantic Beach Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 min + 1 hour cooling time
- Yield: 10 servings
- Category: Dessert
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 sleeves of saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
For the filling:
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Fresh whipped cream, for garnish
- Coarse sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crush the crackers finely. Add the sugar, then knead in the butter until the crumbs hold together into a dough. Press the dough into an 8-inch pie pan. Chill the crust for 15 minutes, then bake until the crust lightly browns, about 18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the egg yolks into the milk, then beat in the citrus juice. Continue to mix on medium until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the pie batter into the shell, and bake until the filling has set, about 16 minutes.
- Transfer baked pie to a wire rack to cool completely, then transfer to the refrigerator.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of sea salt.